RESTORATION REPORT FOR THE GRAND MASTER’S THRONE AND A PAIR OF WARDEN’S CHAIRS PROPERTY OF THE UNITED GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND By Ray Dudman
The first headquarters building for the Grand Lodge of Freemasons was designed by Thomas Sandby and built in Great Queen Street in 1776. Apart from portraits of Grand Masters on the walls, there were no other furnishings. In 1790 George, Prince of Wales was elected Grand Master and, in February 1791, the Grand Lodge resolved that chairs and candlesticks for the use of Grand Lodge should be provided.
To continue reading this article click here