Four Day Practical Antique Course with a Practical Element with Jeremy Gow
I now offer a practical element to my Antique Furniture Course.
Join in and have a go at repairing a piece of furniture and appreciate the satisfaction of bringing something back to life.
We will look into restoration, veneers, glues & French polishing.
OTHER SUBJECTS WE WILL COVER:
- Examining furniture both in the workshop and elsewhere
- Understanding and identifying woods with a comprehensive wood chart,
- Reviewing styles of furniture and understanding their periods
- The importance of furniture restoration, its effect and a chance to try your hand
- How to polishing and learn different techniques
- Looking at adapted and transformed furniture
- Recognising fakes from the genuine article
Available Course Dates
- 22nd November - 25th November 2021
For more details and to make a booking please click here.